Combining art, music and specialist talks, Christie’s Lates in London and New York are the perfect opportunity to mix with like-minded art lovers after hours. With free entry, each curated evening in this new series of events aims to bring art to life and inspire conversation, showcasing highlights from Christie's upcoming auctions alongside interactive activities, talks by guest experts and enticing food and drink.
When: Monday, 14 May, 2018; 6pm – 8:30pm
Where: Christie's, 8 King Street, SW1Y 6QT London
Tickets: Free entry, pay bar
I: Christie's Late (14 of May, 2018), in collaboration with HistoryHit.TV, explores how we document and tell stories about the world around us, from traditional mediums to technological innovations. Throughout the night:
- Launching his new video-on-demand service, HistoryHit.TV, Dan Snow discusses why history matters more than ever in a world of education cuts, fake news, and Facebook bubbles.
- Explore works from Christie's Photographs auction and hear specialist Jude Hull in conversation with British portrait photographer John Swannell.
- Celebrated historians and TV presenters Dan Jones and Dr Janina Ramirez discuss what history tells us about the future of art.
- Step into a virtual reality museum of over 350 works of contemporary Chinese art courtesy of The Art of This Century and DSLcollection.
- Enjoy a live calligraphy demonstration with contemporary ink artist Qu Leilei, founding member of the avant-garde ‘Stars Group’ in late 1970s Beijing.
- Animate memories from your evening with Showtime’s innovative GIF-making photo booth.
- Wander through the galleries, where works from our upcoming auctions of Chinese Ceramics & Works of Art and Impressionist and Modern Art are on view, alongside a fashion installation from THE OUTNET.COM.